Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin carving!

















Tonight we carved our pumpkins...well Eric and I carved our pumpkins. Seth was interested, but the guts still grossed him out. I do have to say that he did at least touch them this time. We had Luke in just a diaper and he got into the pumpkin guts just a little bit too. I think he was way too tired to be that interested. Luke did not get a long enough nap this afternoon. The idea that we needed to carve pumpkins was a last minute decision. I realized this evening while I was teaching Caravans at church that Halloween was fast approaching and tonight would be the best night to get it done since we have small group at our house tomorrow night. It definitely was bad planning (or lack of planning) on my part. We did have a good time together as a family. I really enjoy Halloween. It seems as my boys (well, Seth) get older the more fun Halloween becomes. I also think it is near and dear to me because it was my mom's favorite holiday. I only wish she was here to see the boys. I know, that I know, that she is looking down on us from heaven and probably laughing her butt off at me and the craziness of it all. That is comforting. So, back to the pumpkins. I think Eric's pumpkin turned out awesome. . . it is the bat. I didn't do too bad of a job either, but Eric always has to out do me. I love that about him. The little baby pumpkin is Seth's. Seth tried to help, but he still has a hard time with it. Anyway, it was fun.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I love those pictures! Wish we could have been there, but it looks like you had great fun as a family. Your front porch looks so cool and what a great idea to take a picture out there together.

justchrys said...

Looks like you had a really great time together. I am so happy for you.

The boys are getting so big and they look so much alike.