Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Adam Michael finally arrives April 5, 2010






April seemed like it would never come. Adam was due on April 16th, but he came early. I had an ultrasound and non-stress test on April 2. They told me I was having contractions every three minutes. I thought they were on crack because I didn't feel them. I saw the doctor and she told me not to wait if they got stronger because third babies come quickly. I had contractions all night. Enough to interrupt my sleep, but not labor. I called the doctor (who was the on call doctor because Dr. Nicely was out of town) and she told me to come back to the hospital and she would meet me there. Dr. Martinez stripped the membranes and still no labor. Sunday was Easter. I was having contractions, but not anything major so we went to church. We had Easter dinner at our house with Eric's parents and then I started having contractions. I called the doctor again and much to my surprise Dr. Nicely was back. He told me to go to the hospital. He wanted to break my water but Adam was still too high. He kept me overnight and induced me on Monday morning. Adam was born at 2:44 pm. He weighed 9 lbs 2 oz and was 21 inches. Now we are a family of 5!

No comments: