Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Goofy boys (or mommy)!





I was goofing around with the boys this morning and I put my hair towel on Luke. I was laughing so hard. Seth thought it was funny too and wanted to wear it also. Seth looks especially cute since he dressed himself. I love my boys. They are so much fun. Cara told me a funny story about Seth this morning too. He was talking to her on the phone and he said: "Aunt, did you know Gottschalks is running out of business. Just like Mervyns ran out of business." I thought it was cute. Today I took Grammie to the mall with the boys. When we were leaving and in the parking lot we heard the USCG helicopter. It sounded like it was really close and hovering quite low. Seth wanted to see it, but there were a lot of trees between the mall parking lot and the bay where I assumed it was hovering. I drove around the parking lot looking for it. I even went down to the beach area behind the mall. We had no luck locating the helicopter. Grammie wanted to go to Mike's to get a drink and share some fries. So off we went down Broadway. Anyway as we were driving I had a thought (yes, I have them): maybe we could see the helicopter from the dock at the foot of Del Norte Street. I asked Grammie if she minded going on a helicopter chase. She thought it was fun because Seth was getting such a kick out of it. Well, we drive down Del Norte and Grammie says she sees it and I'm like "where?" My grammie is so funny because she said right where my finger is pointing. If I would have been looking in the right direction I would have seen the darn thing plain as day. I parked and let Seth get out of his seat and climb up front with us. I think the Coasties were doing drills. Seth got to see the rescue swimmer go into the freezing bay and then be pulled back up. He thought it was great. Luke slept through the whole excursion. I am glad we got to make some memories with Great Grammie today. Seth kept saying "Hey, Great Grammie did you see . . . hey Great Grammie . . . " So precious.

No comments: