Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Cookies





This year Seth decided that he wanted to bake cookies for the neighbors. So I made sugar cookies, peanut butter balls, fudge and zucchini bread for goody plates. Anyway, Emmit came over to help with the sugar cookie decorating. The cookie recipe I used was terrible. The cookies did not hold their shape, but the boys had fun icing them anyway. The cookies turned out ok and they tasted good so I thought I could give them away . . . it was cute because one could tell they were decorated by 3 year olds. Well, on Sunday while we were at church my dog got into the cookies and ate them all. That solved my dilemma, but I was irritated because now I had to bake more cookies. I used a different recipe and Seth and I decorated them and they turned out so much better. Seth was disappointed though because Emmit had gone home to Elk Grove and could not help us. It was sad.

No comments: